MY FIRST EXPERIENCE TEACHING:
Well, I am in the Intermediate English II group with teacher
Aida Sermeño. My first day of teaching was
Friday, February 8th and it was a very nice experience even though I
was very nervous, but I tried to give my best.
In order to start the class I developed a warm up activity,
it was a game board; thanks God all the students participated in the activity
and it made me felt happy and motivate to continue with my class.
Later on, I had to explain grammar notes of the topic:
comparatives and it was the first time that they studied the topic, I was very
nervous, but I tried to explain and I provided many examples; also I gave them an
appendix in which I include the rules to form comparatives adjectives.
After that, it was time to the practice and I provided them a
sheet of paper with many exercises about the topic. The final activity was an
oral practice in which they had to work in groups of 4 students, they had to discuss
and describe an object and later share the ideas of the group with the others.
It has been great to teach in this group because they like
to participate in the class and the group has a good knowledge about English,
and some of them speak English most of the time. This is something that I like
because they know and I don’t have to explain many things.
I know that I didn’t do the entire things perfect and I must
improve some areas in order to change and enrich my way of teaching ; for
example, I had some with the time control and I had to develop very quickly the
last activity, it was a bad experience, but I will have more control of my
time.
Teaching in the university is a great opportunity since you have
the experience on teaching and you learn at the same time; also you have the
chance to interact with people of many ages; adults and younger people who know
what they want in life so that they study and give their best. I am motivate to
continue teaching and I will always give my best.
Congrats! It's really good to know you are motivated, and that you enjoyed giving your first class even though the nerves. I think that most of us felt the same as you because it is not easy to be at the front of a class and try to develop a topic. Rosita, I encourage you to continue doing your best to improve day by day...
ResponderEliminar