MY FIRST CLASS IN BASIC LEVEL:
Well, I am in the Basic English group with teacher Karen de
Orellana. In my first day of teaching I was a kind of nervous because I knew
that it was a different group and I didn’t know what expected from the students
and the teacher. This is the second time that I am doing that and every
experience it is different and unique because we always have many good things
and things that we need to improve in order to be better teacher in the future.
This time, it was a very nice experience because I did my
best and taught in the best way I had been doing before .
This is what I did in the class:
In order to start the class I developed a warm up activity,
it was a game board called stairs, This game is about to write words in horizontally
and vertically way; thanks God all the students participated in the
activity at the end I gave candies to
the winners. This is a kind of
stimulation that can use in order to motivate students to participate in the
class.
After that, I presented the new topic (frequency adverbs) with
a short discussion using the following question: “what do you like to do every
day? Then I showed them some flashcards about hobbies and activities that they would
like to do in order to present the new vocabulary that they would use in the
sentences. I used many repletion drills in this part of the vocabulary.
Later on, I had to explain the grammar notes of the topic:
frequency adverb, as we know the part of grammar it is difficult and you have
to be careful in which you are going to explain because sometimes the students
get confused and most if it is the first time that they study the topic. This
is what happened to me, I was very nervous, but I tried to explain and I
provided many examples.
In this time, I used a chart to explain the topic and it was
very useful for me because I prepared it with dedication and I paid attention
to every detail and information that I included in the chart, and I didn’t have
to write in the board and made some spelling mistakes that could confuse the
students.
Also I gave them an appendix in which I include the
explanation an the usage of the frequency adverbs in a sentence.
As final task, they
wrote 2 sentences using frequency adverbs, after they had to share them with
the whole class and I wrote some of their sentences on the board in order to
check if they were ok, later I developed
a repletion drill using the sentence that they dictated to me.
It has been great to teach in this group because they like
to participate in the class, I really like this group, they are so nice. It was
a nice experience this first class…



I like the warm up. It is always a challenging activity for students :). Your grammar part of frequency adverbs is a little hard to explain sometimes, but I am glad you used a chart to make it different. Though, I encourage you to keep doing your best with this group. It seems to be a very nice one. Every experience counts and helps you do your best every time more. Cheers and keep up with the good work. :D
ResponderEliminarHello! I can see that you prepared a very good class, because you have taken into account the pieces of advice your tutors have told you. I like the warm up activity, and the way you motivate your students. Try to be better every time you teach, remember, "the practice makes the teacher"!!
ResponderEliminarHello my friend, let me congratulated you because i know you are doing your best when teaching. i invite you to continue the same, and do not forget that we learn throutgh our experiences, so keep it in mind. Do not be afraid to try new things with students, and try to control nervous as well. i know you are a great person and capable to do great things. i love u soo much, and i wish you the best always.
ResponderEliminarHi Rosy,
ResponderEliminarNice idea of the chart with the grammar notes. It is, to some extend, better to do thatt because of the reason you gave, mispelling words. Those kind of mistakes that we unfortunately dont realize and as you said it may confuse students.
Nice way of developing the class. I am pretty sure that with the experience everyone is getting on the different levels we are teching, we are enriching our minds.
Have a nice Vacation Rosy
Hello! Rosy
ResponderEliminarI really liked the warm up activity you did, and it is very nice you have a group that like to participate a lot. I could see that you prepared some materials in order to teach well the grammar part and it is excellent because it facilitates students learning. Continue working hard and I wish you the best..Blessings
Hey!
ResponderEliminarWell, for me, to play is the best way to teach basic groups because you can't use too much vocabulary or complex structures....you have to be able to reach students minds with games, in an easy way! You did it nice Rosy and the use of stimuli as candies is a good option to get students confidence and participation! Keep on doing great Rosy.-...