SECOND CLASS (BASIC ENGLISH)Today’s class was very nice since I was not worried to explain the grammar part. The students were practicing the frequency adverbs in different activities that I chose for them.
I tried to do my class very dynamic because sometimes the class in which the student only had practice and practice they got bored easily and the class became tedious. I included a variety of activities in which all the students participated.
As warm up I developed the game call “pass the ball”
The students had to pass the ball while I was doing a sound when I stopped to do it, they had to stop and the student who had the ball had to take a piece of paper that contained some frequency adverbs so that they had to tell a sentence using the frequency adverbs from the piece of paper, but as reward for their participation there were some pieces of paper that had the word "candy" so that they won a candy. It was very nice and fun.
when we did this kind of activities in which we stimulated and motivate them to continue participating in the class.
The second activity that I developed it was a controlled practice they were exercises about to write the correct position of the frequency adverb in the sentences. later they worked with scramble sentences, after that I used those sentences to develop a repetition drill.
But not everything was ok because I had a problem one asked me about the meaning of a word in one the sentences and I had forgotten the meaning and I said “I don’t know, but wait a minute I will tell you later “so that I had to ask the teacher for help, thanks god she is very nice and kind and she told me the meaning of the word so that I could say the students what it meant.
Also I had another inconvenient; some students didn’t pay attention in the class since they were worried because they would have a mini presentation after my class so they were stressed and worried, but I tried to motivate them and later they were participating in the class.
Later I gave them a short reading about hobbies (Mary’s hobbies) and there had two tasks: the first one was about underline the frequency adverbs that appeared in the reading; the second one multiple-choice activity in which they had to underline the correct answers.
And I ended my class with the last activity that was orally, they had to talk about their hobbies and how often they do or practice them.
i am so happy because i have improved my teaching skill in every class and i have gotten more experinces on that.

What a variety!!! I really like it. You got a break from the grammar part hahaha. Anyways, you stimulated them to participate with the candies, and it is very good because they did better just to learn and get the candy, of course. Your warm up is common and very nice. I may apply it for my next class. You truly have improved on teaching, and it is a good sign! I suggest you to keep doing your best. Cheers :D
ResponderEliminarcongrats because you have improved!
ResponderEliminarI like that you admitted you didn't know the word. I once tried to invent & I got a bad observation from my tutor; however, I suggest you to look up the word in the dictionary instead.
very good Rosy!!
ResponderEliminarIt is nice to know that now you feel confident with your classes. I see you enjoyed your classes, well, sometimes we do not know the meaning of a word and in that case we should look for it in the dictionary!! I liked your activities!! good job Rosy!!
hy hello Rosy, it is really cool that you are including activities to develop the different skills on your students. that´s awesome!! i know sometimes we tend to forget the meaning of some words, so what i do is to read the passage before and look for those words i dont know. Beautifully done girl!!! And keep on doing your best;)
ResponderEliminar