LEVEL: ADVANCED I
TEACHER: WALTER ALVARENGA
Hello dear classmates, welcome to my blog.
In the first entry of this period, I want to start with
positive mind and good attitude so let's talk about my first experience with
the advanced I group.
Today, I had my first experience with this group, and it was
very nice since I arrived to the classroom at 6:45 a.m. it was so good because
I had enough time to arrange the seating and the material that I would use;
thanks God, the students came on time to the class and I could star early.
Then I developed the warm up, I divided the class in two
groups then I shouted out a sentence in the normal form (simple present) and
they had to rewrite the sentence using the past participle; after that I checked
the answers and the group who got more points was the winner.
The second activity was a controlled practice and it was a
filling the blank activity with a paragraph about the mystery places in which
they had to use the modals of speculation about the past and they had to work
individually.
After that I developed the last activity of the class it was
a speaking activity about “mystery places in the world”.
What I did was:
·
I divided the class in groups of 5 persons
·
Then I presented
some pictures about these places and asked some questions to the students about
them.
·
After that I gave to each group a picture with
some information about the mystery place that they had to talk about.
·
And I gave them some general questions that they
had to follow in order to talk about the place, questions: do you know the place? Have you ever heard
something about the place? What is the mystery in that place?
·
To finish the activity I made them to write 5 sentences
speculating about what could have happened in the place using the structure of the
modals of speculation about the past, and then some groups had to share some
ideas about what could have happened in the place of the picture they had.
While I was developing this activity many students asked me
about new vocabulary, obviously I was ready to these kind of questions, but
there was a meaning of a word that I didn’t know, so I had to say the students that
I would investigate about the word, I felt embarrassed, but then I remembered
that I had my dictionary in the purse, and I looked for the meaning of the
word. So that I have to say that we as
teachers, it is really important to be ready and always bring a dictionary or
something that can help you to deal with these situations.
I finished my class on time and I felt very good because I knew
that I did a good job…
Thanks for reading my blog…
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario