viernes, 8 de noviembre de 2013

THE LAST EXPERIENCE

Hello!! Dear classmates...

I want to share with you my last class and my last experience with this group.
 I had my last class on Friday. It was a very nice class in which I developed 3 activities in order to practice “the passive causative”.

I arrived on time to the classroom in order to prepare and organize the room for the class, I arranged the sits in a semi- circle shape because it was one of the good shapes for many the activities.

Then I did the warm up I developed the game called pass the ball (you already knew the procedure), but this time I did it in a different way because I divided the class in two groups, each group stent up over a desk and formed circles and in the middle of the circle there was a box with the pieces of paper that contained the penalties, and I used it as reviewed of the previous topic. For the rest it was the same I played the music students passed the ball and the person who got the ball had a penalty. The penalties were questions about the topic (passive causative) and different tasks they had to develop.

After that I developed to controlled practice in which they have to use the passive causative.
Activity #1:  filling the blanks activity in which they had to choose and complete a conversation using the verbs from a box.
Activity #2: scramble sentences activity, students had to look, find out and report (write) sentences about things the Santana’s family had done or things they are going to have done following the days of the Santana’s calendar.

To finish with the class I develop the last activity that was called “who’s the boss?” a speaking activity to practice the passive causative.
It consists in:
The teacher:
·         STEP 1 – Ask students for job titles that reflect authority. Who gives orders and gets things done? Give “department head” as one example. Other possibilities: supervisor, office manager, project manager, vice-president, director, owner, company president, program coordinator, executive chef, chief of staff, head designer. Create a list on one side of the board.

·         STEP 2 – Ask students to call out types of companies or places of work where a number of employees must be supervised each day and where many decisions get made on a daily basis. Suggestions: restaurant, clothing store, car factory, language school, advertising agency. Create a second list next to the list of job titles.

·         STEP 3 – Have students work in pairs. Assign them a place of work and ask them to choose a job title for themselves. They must write down a list of at 4-5 things they got done today. Each statement must use the passive causative.

·         STEP 4 – Have the same pairs use their statements to create a dialog in which one person is reporting to the other.

·         STEP 5 – Have students role play their dialogs for the class. The boss can be demanding or understanding.
I liked this activity because I involved all the students in the practice and it was very nice to see the pairs working together and also the class is more dynamic and meaningful. 
And that was all...

At the end, I said thanks for everything and goodbye.

These two semesters, we had many good and bad teaching experiences that let us many lessons that will help us to improve our teaching skills and at same time be better teachers every day. 

Thanks god we are almost the end of the career and that’s really nice… congratulations to everyone!!!
we did it…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario