ADVANCED II FIRST CLASS...
This third period I was teaching to the group of advanced II with teacher Walter Alvarenga, It was a nice experience for me because I learned many things from the students.
And eventhough i had some difficulties and I am not perfect and I am happy because I gave my best in every class.
IN THE FIRST CLASS:
In order to
start the class I developed a warm up activity, it was a game call " pass the ball" students formed a cirlcle and passed the ball while i played the music when i stopped the music the student who had the ball got a penalty that was to say a sentence using a modal of speculation.
thanks God all the students participated in the activity. This motivate the students to participate in the class.
I am very lucky (hahahah) and I had to explain the grammar part of the topic: speculating about the future modals of speculation.
I started with a brainstorming, I asked the question "what comes to your mind when do you hear the word speculating?" and they said words relating to the word speculating.
Then i said do you remember the modals of speculation? which are they?
I started to explain the topic.
I Presented the definition about modals of speculation in a chart and all the modals in some pieces of color paper.
Later I explained some example about speculations.
PRACTICE:
In the first practice: I gave them a filling the gaps activity in which they had to choose and write the correct modals for every sentence.
And it was so nice when you saw all the students working in the task that you prepared for them.
I had some problems with the time because I wished to have more time to develop more activities.
Then I developed a speaking activity in which they worked in groups of three and they have to talked about some probabilities for the future using the modals of speculation.
this is the exercise:
what is the probability that ... and they had the following options to talk about
A cure of cancer will be found...
We will travel in time...
Everything will be digital...
We will live in a digital world...
We will be destroy by a giant asteroid..
A computer will be more intelligent than a human... etc.
then they talked about two probalities they talked in their groups.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario